1. What does size exclusion chromatography separate molecules by?
2. What two molecules are you separating?
1. What is the technical challenge of using ethanol as a biofuel?
2. What are the bonds that hold amino acids together in protein synthesis?
1. Qualitatively- what were your protein estimates of the milk?
2. Were your estimates similar to the quantitative measurements?
1. What do you know about standard curves?
2. Did you notice a difference between your milk samples?
1. What precautions do you need take when using Bradford reagent?
2. Do you think it can be disposed of down the drain?
1. What do you think measuring protein concentration is used for?
2. In this lab, how can you measure concentration Qualitatively? Quantitatively?
1. What is the color of Bradford reagent before and after it reacts with protein?
2. What is the color of Biuret's reagent before and after it reacts with protein?
1. What makes up a translation unit?
2. What area is recognized before RNA polymerase begins to transcribe?
1. What is RNA functioning as an enzyme called?
2. your cell needs to make an army of digestive enzymes fast , what structure will be made to speed up the process?
Biotechnology II Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.