1. You need to make 50 ml of a 3% TAE agarose solution. How much agarose will you need?
1. What are some possible ramification of misidentifying someone's DNA fingerprint, due to contamination, mishandling of evidence, etc.?
1. Have you or someone you know had their DNA tested? If not, would you? Why or why not?
No Warm-ups, upload your DNA Fingerprinting Company presentations to Classroom, if you haven't already.
DNA fingerprinting is more than just paternity tests and a way to identify or rule out suspects, read this article and answer the following questions.
1. State a use for DNA fingerprinting that you were unaware of.
2. How does DNA fingerprinting work?
1. Before DNA can be cut using restriction enzymes, what do you think needs to happen first? Think of the process.
2. What is the area of DNA called that restriction enzymes recognize and cut?
1. State one fact about restriction enzymes.
2. What do restriction enzymes have to do with DNA fingerprinting?
Biotechnology II Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.