1. What was the difference between the +pGLO and the -pGLO tubes?
2. Why is the LB agar plate used as a control? What does it tell us?
1. How do you calculate transformation efficiencies?
2. What are some variables that may have gone awry and given you a different result?
Tell me whether you expect growth, no growth and whether it will glow or not glow.
1. In order to ensure that you do not kill your bacteria with a hot loop, what could you do?
2. What are you doing today? What are you doing tomorrow?
1. When making media, what are some safety precautions you should take?
2. How many different plates will you be needing for this lab?
1. In this exercise, what is your role when you are adding nucleotides to the DNA templates?
2. What is my role?
1. Where did Taq polymerase come from? Why do we use it instead of regular DNA polymerase?
2. What are some necessary components for PCR to occur?
1. What has to happen to DNA before it is copied?
2. What does DNA polymerase attach itself to?
Biotechnology II Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.