1. Hydrophobic interaction chromatography separates molecules based on_______.
2. Affinity interaction chromatography separates molecules based on_______.
1. Size exclusions separates molecules based on ____
2. Ion Exchange chromatography separates molecules based on ______
1. What is the purpose of the Fab region of an IgG antibody?
2. What is the purpose of the Fc region of an IgG antibody?
1. Draw an antibody. It should have 2 heavy chains and 2 light chains. Please label the Fc and Fab region.
2. What do you think would happen if animals weren't capable of adapting to changes in their environment?
1. Which immune response is quicker to respond on exposure to an antigen and last longer in the body, primary or secondary? Why?
2. Tell me two things that you won’t forget about the immune system.
1. How many different types of leukocytes are there? List them.
2. Why do you think allergies happen?
1. Briefly describe what the immune system does.
2. What are it's minions called (how does it perform it's job)?
1. What region upstream of a gene regulates transcription?
2. Most enzymes are proteins, what other molecule acts like an enzyme?
Biotechnology II Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.