- List how the body is organized, from least complex to most complex.
- In your own words, tell me how negative feedback works to maintain homeostasis. Positive feedback?
What do you think the following things have in common?
List 5 organ systems of the human body that you know of (there are 11).
1. Read the following paragraph, indicate which actions describe positive feedback loops by highlighting them yellow and which actions describe negative feedback loops by highlighting them green.
As our respiration increases during exercise, our bodies respond by increasing our breathing and heart rate to remove the extra carbon dioxide we are producing and increase the amount of oxygen. When we are finished exercising, the body will work to normalize our breathing and heart rate.
2. How does drinking water after you sweat maintain homeostasis?
No warm-up today, we will start presentations promptly.
1. Expectation Review. What are the expectations for behavior in class? Are they different when I am not
2. What should you do when presenting to a group?
As you are thinking of names for your creature I wanted to share some species names scientists have come up with. Your task...try and guess the animal it belongs to (you may also google, but that's no fun).
Biology Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.