Quiz today. no warm-up.
1. Which process creates cell that are diploid?
2. Which process creates cells that are genetically different?
1. Tell me one fact you remember about mitosis.
2. Tell me on fact you remember about meiosis.
1. Tell me two differences between mitosis and meiosis.
2. Tell me two similarities between mitosis and meiosis.
1. What do crossing over, independent assortment and sexual reproduction increase in an organism and in population?
2. Is it better for all organisms in a population to be exactly the same or different? Why do you think that?
1. How many phases does meiosis have?
2. What types of cells does meiosis produce?
1. What two events happen during Meiosis that increase genetic diversity and make me different from you?
2. Gametes have one set of chromosomes and are called_________.
1. How many cells are produced at the end of mitosis? Are they genetically identical or different?
2. How many cells are produced at the end of meiosis? Are they genetically identical or different?
1. What happens during cytokinesis that does not happen during mitosis?
2. What does meiosis make?
1. Give me two examples of a somatic cell.
2. If you get your DNA from each of your parents, how many sets of chromosomes do each of your cells have?
Biology Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.