Log onto quizizz. Upload your scores when you are done.
b. Tommy has the flu and begins to sneeze uncontrollably while crammed into an elevator with ten other people. They all get sick.
c. You are at a party with 30 other people, two pizzas are ordered to feed all of you. You all race to grab
d. Most plants cannot grow if they are at the bottom of a deep lake because light only penetrates to a depth of 30m.
1. What is diversity?
2. Why do you think biodiversity might be important in ecosystems?
1. Why are top predators likely to be negatively affected by what they eat?
2. In our Toxins in the Food Web activity, which animal do you expect will have the most toxins: Bass, Mayfly or Daphnia?
1. What does the term "bio" refer to? What accumulation mean?
2. What do you think bioaccumulation refers to in ecosystems?
1. Explain why only 10% of energy is passed from one trophic level to the next.
2. Why aren't there as many top predators as their are primary consumers or secondary consumers?
1. What is an autotroph? Give an example.
2. Why are autotrophs the basis of all food webs? Why are they so special?
1. How do you think prey (plants and animals) defend themselves from being eaten?
2. Why do you think some animals live in herds?
1. Go to http://join.quizizz.com/ type in the code provide.
2. Take a screenshot of your score and enter it for today's warm up.
Biology Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.