1. Define biotechnology.
1. How should you correct mistakes in a lab notebook?
2. What type of information goes into a lab notebook?
1. True or False. Records should not be capable of being altered either accidentally or intentionally.
2. What type of writing utensil is best when documenting information? Why?
1. What do you think of when you hear the word documentation?
2. Why do you think documentation is important?
1. Share something about this week. What happened?Was it good, bad, fun?
What are you looking forward to this weekend?
1. Tell me one risk associated with your field.
2. Tell me one thing you learned about your government agency.
1. Recombinant DNA should be treated as what type of hazard?
2. What are the routes of exposure by which chemicals may enter the body?
1. What does GLP stand for. Give me an example of it.
2. Provide an example of how to minimize risk in the lab.
1. Why do you think safety procedures state not to wear contacts, even though you wear safety goggles during lab?
2. State one safety rule/protocol you were unaware of or you will not forget.
Biotechnology I Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.