No warm-up. Pipette quiz today since we didn't get to it on Friday.
1. Describe 4 things you should not do while using a micropipette.
Complete the following sentences.
1. When transferring liquid using a micropipette, the tip shoud..
2. When transferring liquid you should release the plunger...
1. When measuring volume with a graduated cylinder, what size should you use that would be the most accurate?
2. What piece of equipment will we use to measure tiny amounts of liquid.
1. Based on the lab, which instrument for measuring volume were most accurate? Least accurate?
2. 21 ml of water should weigh how many grams?
1. What does a scientist need to take into consideration when measuring uncertainty?
2. In your experience, which type of measurement was more precise analog or digital?
1. Differentiate between repeatability and reproducibility.
2. What is uncertainty?
1. True or False. When performing a task according to an SOP you are encouraged to deviate from the procedure as written. Explain your answer.
2. What were some problems you encountered when following your partner's SOP?
1. What is the difference between accuracy and precision?
2. Why would this be important when taking measurements in lab?
Biotechnology I Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.