1. What type of forensic analysis are you interested in? Remember there are many applications: accident identification, crime scene analysis, wildlife crime, paternity/maternity testing.
1. How will you determine the fragment size of your crime scene and suspect bands in the gel electrophoresis?
1. Share something about this week. What happened?Was it good, bad, fun?
What are you looking forward to this weekend?
1. DNA fingerprinting looks at VNTR's and STRs found in these regions of DNA.
2. What do you need to add to cells in order to extract DNA?
1. How does DNA fingerprinting work?
2. What major steps must you complete in order to run a gel?
1. When processing DNA what precautions should you take?
2. How would you prevent contamination of the sample?
1. What do you think electrophoresis buffer must contain in order to conduct a current?
2. Tell me something about your week.
1. If a dye is positive to what end of an electrophoresis chamber will it run?
2. Glycerol and sample loading dyes are heavy, why would it be added to samples when running a gel electrophoresis?
No warm-ups, we're starting lab as soon as soon as I go over a few items.
Biotechnology II Warm-Up questions. Please write your answers in the Warm-Up document provided weekly on Google Classroom.